$5.00 Shipping on all orders
FREE shipping on all orders over $29.00
(excluding live items)
KOLAR FILTRATION IS THE GLOBAL EXCLUSIVE DISTRIBUTOR FOR THE ORIGINAL METABOLIX BIO PELLETS MADE FROM PURE HIGH QUALITY PHA.
KOLAR FILTRATION MANUFACTURES THE PATENTED PELLETS FROM THE PHA OURSELVES, ADHERING TO VERY STRICT QUALITY AND PURITY STANDARDS, CREATING THE PLUMP ROUND PEARL SHAPED PELLETS THAT HAVE BEEN PROVEN TO FLUIDIZE THE BEST, WITH MINIMAL FLOATING OR CLUMPING.
*RECOMMENDED: Recirculating reactors have become very popular and effective at controlling the power of the Bio Pellets, by controlling the flow through the reactor directly into protein skimmer, you can allow trace levels of nitrates to remain, potentially helping the colors of SPS corals and others, while tumbling the pellets strongly within the reactor at any flow rate, eliminating clumping, bio film, or break in problems. Simply increase flow through to reduce nitrates to desired level.
• 1) Standard dose for new or exceptionally low nutrient tanks is 180g. or approximately 1 cup, per 50 gallons in a fluidized reactor. For aquariums with measurable nitrates, 1/2 to even 1/4 starting dose is recommended for first 3-4 weeks, increasing weekly thereafter. Once system is established, overdose is not possible.
• 2) Add or replace Bio Pellets as needed to keep reactor full. Pro tip: do not let pellets dissolve to below 1/2 the original amount or you may notice reduced effectiveness.
• 3) For best results, water exiting Bio Pellet should flow directly into a quality protein skimmer intake. Pro tip: Remove all sponges before and after media in reactors and replace with plastic mesh to prevent clogging. Add small check valve to pump side of water line/keep return line submerged, to prevent back siphoning into pump in a power cut.
• 4) Rinse and soak new media, in D.I. or tank water for up to 24 hours to prevent floating. If reactor gets clogged, dump contents into 5-gallon bucket with tank water, stir and poor off debris. Media can then be returned to reactor in part or whole. Keep pellets moving within reactor to prevent clumping or clogging. Pro-tip: Tiny air bubbles can stick to new pellets, causing them to float initially, watch for floating pellets against top screen after new media is placed in reactor, gently tap on reactor, or stop and restart the pump, to get Pellets to fluidize and prevent clogging.
• 5) Keep significant aeration in aquarium system, especially at night during first 3-4-week cycle period. Use Protein skimmer, aggressive surface agitation, and/or air bubbles, to keep O2 levels up and allow for CO2 removal.
• 6) Aquariums with measurable Nitrates above 20-40ppm, Monitor and watch for reduced PH, buffer to increase PH if necessary. Many bacterial additives are available to help prevent initial bacterial blooms. Watch for initial cloudiness during first 4 weeks, indicating a bacterial bloom. If substantial cloudiness occurs, reduce quantity of pellets by 1/2 and do water change. Recirculating reactors with efficient protein skimmers, reduce or eliminate these potential problems!
Why choose us???
It's quite simple! Because WE CARE! Frank's Tanks has been going strong for 14 years now! We will do as an online store exactly what we have done for 14 years in our physical location in Fort Worth, Texas. I believe in good ole' customer service. Far too many businesses have moved away from this very important aspect of business! My motto remains that in order to keep a customer, you should always do what you did to get them in the first place! And that's exactly what we do! In addition to the superior customer service that you should expect from us, we also have and use some of the finest equipment in the world of aquatics. If in town, come check out our selection of fish and corals
Looking for something for your saltwater aquarium? We either have it in stock or we can get it FAST!!
6080 S. Hulen Street #770 Fort Worth, Texas 76132
Monday — Saturday
12:00 PM — 7:00 PM
1:00 PM — 5:00 PM