$5.00 Shipping on all orders
FREE shipping on all orders over $29.00
(excluding live items)
IN STORE PICKUP ONLY!!!!
Salinity™ is a blend of salts specifically formulated for the reef aquarium that contains all essential major, minor, and trace components found in natural reef waters, but contains no toxic or non-essential components. Additionally, salinity™ is the most concentrated salt blend on the market. With a hydration level of <0.5% salinity™ will yield a greater volume of prepared saltwater at a salinity of 35‰ per unit of weight than any other salt mix currently on the market. salinity™ is identical to the distribution of anions and cations found in Natural Sea Water (NSW). We have compiled data from all the oceans and seas on the Earth, and have targeted the midpoint of the range for each element. We guarantee to be within ± 5% of the midpoint. For example, at a salinity of 35‰, for calcium, magnesium, and strontium, we have the following targets and ranges.
Calcium: target 422 mg/L, range 400 to 443 mg/L Magnesium: target 1336 mg/L, range 1269 to 1403 mg/L Strontium: target 8.4 mg/L, range 8.0 to 8.8 mg/L
Alkalinity and pH values vary widely over the Earth's oceans. salinity™ will be within the following ranges: pH: 8.4 to 8.6 Alkalinity: 3.2 to 3.8 meq/L
Net 2.72 kg (6 lbs) Makes 75 Liters (20 US gallons), Net 15.87 kg (35 lbs) Makes 450 Liters (120 US gallons), Net 29.75 kg (65.5 lbs) Makes 850 Liters (225 US gallons)
1. Mix salinity with purified water. We recommend the use of a commercial dechlorinator like alpha™ to neutralize any tap water chlorine and/or chloramines. If source water quality is poor we recommend purification with a Seachem Pinnacle™ RO/DI system. To prepare small quantities, add 36 grams per 1 liter of water. [This is a little less than 1/2 cup of salt per US gallon of water. For 15 gallons use 7 cups of salinity™.]
2. Stir well to ensure a good mix. Although the salinity™ solution may be used immediately, we suggest mixing for approximately 24 hours to achieve oxygen/carbon dioxide equilibrium.
3. Measure the salinity. We recommend a salinity of 35‰. This will be a temperature compensated SG (specific gravity) value of 1.026. If you are using uncorrected SG values (H) then the following formula will yield a value for S (salinity) accurate to within 1%:
S = [0.3348 * T] + [1325 * H] - 1330.4525 (calibrated at 15.56 °C (60 °F))
S = [0.2211 * T] + [1325 * H] - 1330.4525 (calibrated at 25 °C (77 °F))
where S is the salinity in parts per thousand; T is temperature in degrees centigrade (range of 13-30 °C); and H is the uncorrected hydrometer reading. If you don't mind an error on the order of ±3%, simply use the following table:
If the water temperature is:
cal.@ 15.56 °C
cal.@ 25 °C
then target H=
13 - 15
55 - 59
16 - 19
60 - 66
20 - 23
67 - 73
24 - 27
74 - 81
28 - 30
82 - 86
4. Adjust salt level accordingly. If salinity is too low, then add more salinity™. If too high, add more water.
5. Change 20% of aquarium water every two weeks (or as necessary) to maintain optimum water quality.
USAGE NOTE: NEVER mix salt in an aquarium containing livestock. Transfer livestock to the aquarium AFTER salt is completely mixed and specific gravity has been adjusted. Use Seachem's Stability® to avoid "new tank syndrome" and to prevent unnecessary livestock losses in a new system.
CAUTION: SALINITY™ IS NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Contact in dry form may cause skin or eye irritation. In case of eye contact, completely flush eye(s) with cool water and seek medical attention.
We guarantee that salinity™ will have a batch specific guaranteed analysis that falls within the ranges below
Why choose us???
It's quite simple! Because WE CARE! Frank's Tanks has been going strong for 14 years now! We will do as an online store exactly what we have done for 14 years in our physical location in Fort Worth, Texas. I believe in good ole' customer service. Far too many businesses have moved away from this very important aspect of business! My motto remains that in order to keep a customer, you should always do what you did to get them in the first place! And that's exactly what we do! In addition to the superior customer service that you should expect from us, we also have and use some of the finest equipment in the world of aquatics. If in town, come check out our selection of fish and corals
Looking for something for your saltwater aquarium? We either have it in stock or we can get it FAST!!
6080 S. Hulen Street #770 Fort Worth, Texas 76132
Monday — Saturday
12:00 PM — 7:00 PM
1:00 PM — 5:00 PM